"The more you tell lies about me, the more we'll tell the truth about you."
5.24.21 BOS NIGHT OF CONFESSIONS
AGENDA ITEMS AND TIME STAMPS:
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING AGENDA
Monday, May 24, 2021 7:00PM
PUBLIC COMMENTS: Comments on Agenda Items
1. Exeter Community Library StoryWalk Trail Opening
REGULAR APPROVALS @ 9:36
1. Regular Minutes – May 10, 2021
2. Disbursements –May 24, 2021
3. Treasurer’s Report – April, 2021
UNFINISHED BUSINESS. @ 10:16
1. Discussion on Township Building Operations and Resuming In-Person Public Meetings for Township Boards and Commissions. ▪ Due to new State directives regarding public gatherings, the Board will discuss future public meetings format.
NEW BUSINESS @ 32:35
1. Consider Approval of Improvements, Financial Security, and Maintenance Agreement for MDC 23-2-03 Land Development plan
▪ The Township Administration recommends approving the final agreement required in order to record the plans for the new District Justice office. This agreement describes the financial security as well as the terms of maintenance for the new improvements. It has been reviewed and agreed to by both parties.
2. Consider Resolution Permitting Township Manager to Execute Perkiomen Avenue Streetscape Easement Agreements ▪ Multiple properties will require Temporary Construction and Permanent Sidewalk Easements in order to fully complete the streetscape project. Township staff will begin approaching property owners to further explain the project and how their property will be affected.
3. Discussion on 2021 Summer Playground and Recreation Programs
▪ The Administration will provide an update on recreation programming plans in light of recent changes to COVID-19 restrictions.
4. Authorize Administration to Seek Bids for Dumpster Services on Municipally Owned Properties
▪ The Administration would like to solicit bids for dumpster services to identify potential cost savings and improved customer service. The properties included would be the Township Building, Dunn Center, Reading Country Club, and parks.
PUBLIC COMMENT – General Non-Agenda Items
GREG @ 1:09:21
MICHELLE @ 1:13:50
PIHO @ 1:15:21
STAUB @ 1:16:35
SPEECE @ 1:20:58
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING AGENDA
Monday, May 10th, 2021 7:00PM
MY OPINION @ 00:01
PUBLIC COMMENTS: @ 19:24 Comments on Agenda Items
ANNOUNCEMENTS @ 21:48
1. Memorial Day Parade
REGULAR APPROVALS @ 22:36
1. Vacancy Board Minutes – April 26, 2021
2. Regular Minutes – April 26, 2021 @ 22:51
3. Disbursements – May 10, 2021 @ 23:22
1. Monthly Golf Report @ 25:12 ▪ This report is available for review on the Township website.
2. Monthly Right to Know Report @27:50 ▪ This report is available for review on the Township website.
3. Update on Outstanding Sewer Acounts Receivable Balance. @ 30:30
▪ The administration will provide an update on outstanding sewer accounts, and ongoing efforts to collect on the balance.
1. Consider Resolution Approving the Intergovernmental Cooperation Agreement to rejoin the County’s UCC Board of Appeals. @ 34:33
▪ The Agreement to establish and continue the Berks County Uniform Construction Code (UCC) Board of Appeals in cooperation with Berks County and other participating municipalities within the County.
2. Discussion on Park Pavilion Rentals @ 38:58
▪ The administration will provide a status update to the Board on current COVID-19 protocols and present for consideration the potential reopening of outddor rental facilities.
3. Consider Accepting Deed of Dedication of Right of Way at 6112 Perkiomen Avenue @ 45:20
▪ The developer is offering Deed of Dedication of additional Right of Way along Perkiomen Avenue. A requirement of the MDC 23-2-03 Land Development Plan.
4. Consider Accepting a Permanent Sidewalk Easement at 6112 Perkiomen Avenue @ 48:00
▪ The Township requests an easement be granted by properties in order to permit future improvements. A requirement of the MDC 23-23-03 Land Development Plan.
5. Discussion on Resuming In-Person Public Meetings for Township Boards and Commissions ▪ Due to new State directives regarding public gatherings, the Board will discuss future public meetings format. @ 48:36
DEPARTMENT REPORTS. @ 57:37
PUBLIC COMMENT – General Non-Agenda Items @ 1:04:53
CAITLAIN ON MASCARO POOR RECYCLE PICK UP @ 1:05:04
David Hughes ON REACTIVE VS. PROACTIVE @ 1:06:36
SUPERVISOR REPORTS. @ 1:08:54
This short video (12 minutes) discusses the misleading and completely false assertion that the $1.7 million dollars subsidizing the General Fund is from the collection of Aged accounts receivables from past owed sewer bills. I will show you how they have mislead all of us and the last slide I will show you the "FUZZY" accounting/reporting which makes no sense at all.This last slide is planned to be discussed at the BoS May 10 meeting. It is an eye opening to anyone who watches with an open mind.