BOS IGNORES ALL THE REQUIREMENTS TO LET A CONTRACT: RULES DO NOT APPLY TO THEM ON $19,000 LIBRARY STAIRS
This is an example of how bad our government is today.
We have lowered the bar as low as it will go concerning Supervisors, consultants and certain employees.
Yet, it can still get worse. Here, in this clip from the April 26th BoS meeting: They ignored all of the requirements to letting a contract for building the steps:
1. NO RFP
2. Only 2 estimates, when 3 are required for the dollar amount
3. Was not advertised as required
4. New construction not ADA compliant
5. No review by Planning Commission
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING AGENDA Monday, April 26, 2021 6:00PM **Immediately following Vacancy Board Meeting**
Item #2 from the Agenda:
2. Consider Approving Installation of Steps Connecting the Dunn Community Center to the Exeter Community Library in the amount of $19,000 ▪ The Administration is proposing installation of a staircase to allow for pedestrians to travel between the Dunn Community Center and the Exeter Township Library. Installation of this stairway will also allow for greater access to the newly installed StoryWalk.