This meeting was held without public attendance. Business which was not listed on the publicly advertised agenda was conducted by the board that involved the use of and the spending of taxpayer assets. PLEASE CLICK BELOW "READ MORE" SELECT AGENDA ITEM AND CLICK ON TIME STAMP
David Hughes Opinion @ 00:01
Promenade Shopping Center Survey Results Presentation @36:26
§ Results from the community survey completed in September 2019 will be reviewed.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: Comments on Agenda Items @ 42:22
REGULAR APPROVALS @ 46:10
1. Minutes – April 13, 2020
2. Disbursements – April 27, 2020
3. Treasurer’s Report - March
1. Discussion on Wastewater Treatment Plant Sale Proceeds Fund @ 54:21 § Update on Wastewater Treatment Plant proceeds.
2. Discussion on RFP responses for an Architect for the Promenade Shopping Center @ 55:26
§ Responses to this RFP issuance were received in December. The purpose of this discussion will be for the Board to narrow down the pool of respondents and select three to interview as part of ongoing fact-finding and preliminary planning for the future of the property.
3. Adopt Short-Term Lodging Ordinance @ 1:07:47
§ Township staff have reviewed public comments and do not recommend any changes at this time. It should be noted that the public hearing on this ordinance was held in February and as such the 90-day adoption timeframe is approaching.
1. Consider Approving Property Tax Relief Resolution @ 1:12:56
§ The County of Berks has passed a resolution to extend their flat rate period through th th September 30 . Governor Wolf on April 20 signed Act 15 into law, providing for property tax relief by allowing taxing districts to waive late fees and penalties for taxes paid through December 31, 2020. If action is to be taken it must be done by the resolution and provided to the Tax Collector by May 20 .
2. Authorize Cohen Law Group to Negotiate Cable Franchise Agreement with Comcast @ 1:14:52
§ The existing Cable Franchise Agreement will expire in 2022. The Cohen Law Group is negotiating the cable franchise agreement on behalf of 9 other local municipalities currently.
3. Approve Contract with Stratix to Update Sharepoint in the Amount of $8,050 @ 1:17:06
§ The Township’s content management solution, SharePoint, is out of date. The Township is looking to update and host the information on Microsoft’s cloud. Setup, migration, and training are included in the proposal.
4. Lincolnwood Community Expansion Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA) discussion @ 1:23:57
§ Lincolnwood Mobile Home Community submitted a Sketch Plan looking to expand their facility behind Walmart.
5. R.M. Palmer Warehouse Time Extension Request @ 1:33:39
§ This is an approved Land Development plan from 2004. It has previously received two (2) 5-year time extensions. Township staff caution that the plan may no longer meet current Township ordinances.
6. Approve Lease Terms with First National Bank for John Deere 2500B PrecisionCut Gas Riding Tee Mower cost: $32,981 @ 1:34:39
§ The bank has proposed terms over a 3, 4, or 5-year lease.
7. Authorize Advertisement of Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Daniel Boone Homestead Master Plan @ 1:37:21
§ The Township has received a $50,000 grant to complete a Master Plan from DCNR’s Community Conservation Partnership’s program. This is a 50/50 matching grant.
8. Update on Community Communications Committee @ 1:40:02
§ Committee leadership will provide an update on Community Communications Committee status.
9. Update on Reading Country Club Clubhouse Committee @ 1:48:38
§ Committee leadership will provide an update on Reading Country Club restaurant operations. § Discuss and consider engagement letter submitted by a consultant to analyze the business model for the property.
10. Authorize Background Check for Cost Not To Exceed $3,000 @ 1:51:20 DEPARTMENT REPORTS @ 1:52:35
PUBLIC COMMENT – General Non-Agenda Items NONE
SUPERVISOR REPORTS @ 2:04:29
GREG GALTERE ON FOOD PANTRY @ 2:06:44